Shopify Schema publication?
Is there a publication of Shopify's schema somewhere?
I have read the API Reference (https://help.shopify.com/api/reference) but need something deeper that describes in addition to field types, things like field max-lengths and any content formats or restrictions.
Some of this can be deduced from the API reference but not everything..
- for strings, it is not clear where they are using MySql Text field (64K), a string (255) or some other limitation (like metafield namespace which I believe is 30).
- Are email fields checked for valid addressing?
- Is the a prescribed format for phone numbers or is this just a short text field?
- Which fields are required?
- Which fields can be null or empty?
I am trying to design my API app to fit within their actual limits rather than find them through debug.
You can go through shopify api document with resource properties, like if you want to work with shopify product api then go through order properties, where they explain every single attribute properties: https://help.shopify.com/en/api/reference/orders/order (https://help.shopify.com/en/api/reference/orders/order) - fields limit - fields type - fields format - fields default values(null/empty/specific value) - fields required
for phone number and email shopify accept value as a string. There is no specific format validation.
Didn't find the answer?
Our community is visited by hundreds of Shopify development professionals every day. Ask your question and get a quick answer for free.
Find the answer in similar questions on our website.
Write quick answer
Do you know the answer to this question? Write a quick response to it. With your help, we will make our community stronger.